Sunday, February 26, 2012


As a continuation from the last post.....

After Sadie and I picked my mom up from the airport on Monday night we decided we wanted to go out to eat and then hang out back at the house for a bit to catch up and talk about all the big changes coming.  My moms plane got in late so we knew we were going to have a really late start getting back to school.

Sadie, her friends Lauren and Abbey, and I all were at the airport to pick up my mom.  She had absolutely no idea we were going to be in town and her reaction was the best.   She had hardly made it though the security doors when we jumped out.  She froze in her steps and let out a high pitched scream for about a minute straight. It was actually quite impressive. She was so happy and we were so glad we could be there to welcome her home!

So after dinner and getting back to the house, we finally got up the motivation to get on the road (it was so hard to leave our mom).   It was after 10 pm.  and we had a long night ahead of us.   

I dropped off Sadie and Lauren in Burley and bought my first ever energy drink.  It was disgusting, but I drank it anyway just to be safe for the part of the trip I was going to be alone.  The trip got even longer as I neared went through the Sweetzeer pass with snowy roads. yuck.  Harry ended up not getting the Land Cruiser and was waiting for me to pick him up in Ogden.  Just before 4 am I got there and he loaded up his stuff and we continued on down to Provo.  He had an assignment due the next day at 8 and so when we got to Provo we unloaded all of our crap and he printed some stuff off at my house and headed back to his house at about 6:30 am.  

The next day was a tough one.   As was the rest of the week trying to catch up.  I even got sick one night and was up half the night again.  I need more sleep!

This weekend was good though, we got our engagement picture taken from Casey Hyer and they turned out really good!  It was really fun and Casey is great.  He even bought us lunch from Moochies and we picked the ones we want to print and he edited them all in that one afternoon.  I will put pictures up soon!

We only had one little crisis the night before when my outfits for the pictures were not quite done and the mall was closing.  PANIC.  I was locked inside one store as I was buying the one thing I needed.  We even had to rush to Target after that to get one more skirt, which I ended up making out of a men's button up collared shirt.  Ridiculous, yes, I know.


  1. so excited to see your engagements! I can't believe how fast the wedding is coming!

  2. Wow, that's cutting it close! Ben and I just wore jeans and a t-shirt for our engagement pics, but those were the sad old days of not doing a bunch of different outfits. How I wish we could get remarried and do it all again, only better!!! :) Totally anxious to see the pics! Wish you guys were coming to visit sometime before April, but time will go by super fast, I'm sure!